Tuesday, May 18, 2010

School, Graduation, & a Sick Baby....

Well Well Well! Here we are... Tuesday night and I am excited for a much calmer day tomorrow. School started back on Thursday. What a day I tell ya! Math is not my strong suit and I am not so sure about this teachers teaching style. He hands out the packet and we have to self learn. I am going to check into switching to a different class if possible. All my friends are in the class I am currently in so that makes for a hard decision, but I am not there to make friends, I am there to learn. Right?!

Amanda graduated from Iowa on Saturday. The ceremony was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. We got great parking, and great seats. Max did exceptionally well for a 9 month old baby. He is such a good baby. I am so lucky! Tom Brokaw was a great speaker. Gave me motivation to keep going in my studies, no matter how hard I struggle. I am struggling after Math & A&P this last week. Its going to be a rough term but I CAN DO IT! Thats how I'm going to make it, is positive self reinforcement. The motel we stayed in, in Coralville, was the "no tell, Motel". It was the Motel 6 and it was awful. It was dirty, small and stunk. We were definately excited to check out. Had we been filthy rich and could afford $280 a night for a single bed room at the Holiday Inn, I woulda done it. Instead I paid $89 for a stinky room with filthy bed spreads...go figure....soooo glad to be back home.

Max had to go back to the pulminologist yesterday. They are pretty sure he has asthma. I know, right?! He was a bear the past few days and  I really dont know what else I can do for him. He is on steroids every other day and than nebulizer treatments when needed. I dont know what I'm going to do if his dad ever has anything to do with him because he is an avid smoker and Max can't be around that or anyone who has been around smoke.... *sigh*. We go back in a month to see how he is doing and see how his breathing/wheezing is doing.

Last Thursday during math class, my eye started hurting and acting up. I took my contacts out and when I woke up on Friday it was pink and swollen. I went to the doctor and I had "bacterial" conjunctivitis. Apparently its in the air! So I was on eye drops all weekend for that. I looked super emotional even though I wasn't.....oh well :) Today was the first day, I have had no issues at all with it. thankfully its starting to look better to!

We'll I better get going, because I have homework and medical club stuff to do. Being VP of the Medical Assistant Club, was a little more than I anticipated, but oh well, what do you do!?

Have a good one....

Thanks for reading....

Love,
Heather & Max

No comments: