Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wow! What a LONG Time!

It's been sooo long since I had the idea or time to blog! Max just turnt 3 and is definitely growing up fast! We skipped the terrific twos and went straight to the terrible three's! More of that to come.... Over the last 2 years alot of things have happened.... here's an idea...

  • We lost the best man I have ever known this past fall. My grandpa Clarence passed away 11.26.11 from idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. He hopefully went fast and peacefully. I know he's watching over us on a daily basis. I see signs everywhere. My grandma is holding up nicely but we all have our days! His birthday was 2 weeks ago on Thursday and it was soo hard. Max misses papa but understands papa lives in the "sky" and is a bright, bright, bright star in the sky! RIP Grandpa Clarence.

  • I graduated from Kaplan University and became a Medical Assistant at Iowa Heart Center in West Des Moines. I was featured in a commercial with Kaplan and it aired recently! My 30 seconds to fame :) I became CMA certified in November 2011. I've been at Iowa Heart for over a year and I love it....

  • Max turned 1, now 2 and now he's 3 :) He is definitely giving me a run for my money. I love him more than anything in this world, and he knows it!!! He is picking up so much at daycare. Some good, some bad. That comes with the age though I'm told.  Some of the highlights over the last few years.... In May '12 Max got his tonsils and adenoids out. Not only has this helped decrease his sicknesses but helped him with snoring! He has missed fewer days at daycare and I have definitely missed less work.


This coming spring i'm going to be taking a big step towards a beautiful/wonderful future. I am going to have gastric sleeve surgery. Everything is on track to be completed by February and submitted to insurance in February and as soon as I have an approval letter, I can schedule a date! I'm using Mercy Bariatric Surgery Center at the Healthy Living Center. The doctor that will be performing the surgery is definitely easy on the eyes (ha ha) and had great success w/ this sugery. I'm an emotional eater and dear lord its catching up to me.

My sister and her longtime boyfriend Matt got engaged this past February. They are planning on getting married in the fall of 2013. Unfortunately we aren't close and she has chosen not to make me a part of her wedding. While I feel stunned and hurt, I have decided that Max nor I will attend the event. Called me selfish, I really dont care. I have my own opinions and thoughts. Good luck to both of them.

Well thats pretty much I can think of right now!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: