Thursday, July 1, 2010

4th of July and a Much Needed Break!

Wow! This year has gone fast! This weekend is the 4th of July and it's so hard to believe its here already! I am excited to be celebrating it with Max, and my dad & step-mom. Max & I are heading to Omaha, on Saturday. I am so excited! It will be a great get away from school and work. Finals are coming up so I will be stressing here soon! 2 weeks from today, I will be done with finals and on a 2 weeks break! Whoot whoot! Not sure what I'm going to do with my break yet, but I'm super stoked!

Max started walking on Tuesday. I saw him out of the corner of my eye take a step and I thought I was crazy. Yesterday, while at my grandparents, he took 5 steps and then today, I caught him walking across the room out of the corner of my eye. I said yayyyy Max and he clapped and then fell and that was the end of that walking stint. :) He is so big. I mailed out his birthday invites this week and I am so excited and can't wait! Well I can, but I can't.

Got to spend some time with grandma and grandpa today. Grandma is slowly but surely getting better and its a process that will take time.

I am so watching the news and they are covering the floods of 2010. You would think they would learn from the past and build a fortress around the river and the city :) I went downtown today with the grandparents and we stopped to take pictures and there are so many pictures that can't even describe whats happening to the river.

We'll I am off to bed. Max is in the parade tomorrow morning! Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!

Heather

No comments: